Monitoring your Mission Critical Messaging Ecosystem
When using BlackBerry devices is key to your company´s messaging service, it is critical to provide both high availability concepts and professional monitoring. The BlackBerry ecosystem consists of a relatively large number of interconnected components.
These include messaging servers like Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes, database and application servers. It is important to make sure that all components and interconnections are healthy even in smaller environments. The health of your system has a direct impact on your service levels.
HP NewsVIEW ALL -
- With the introduction of newer versions of the NiCE DB2, BlackBerry, Oracle and Domino manageme...
- IBM DB2 Monitoring with HPE Operations Manager i NiCE is pleased to announce the availability...
- NiCE DB2 SPI 4.10 released NiCE is pleased to announce the availability of the NiCE DB2 Smart P...
- NiCE is pleased to announce the release of the upgraded NiCE DB2 Smart Management Pack (sMP) – ...
- NiCE is pleased to announce the release of the upgraded NiCE DB2 SPI – Version 4.03. This uniqu...
BlackBerry SPI to monitor your BlackBerry environment
More and more organizations are moving their IT function into the cloud and adopting virtualization strategies in order to use their IT resources more efficiently, while reducing costs. Migrating into the cloud, however, presents a unique set of challenges because it requires a complete change in the way that IT resources are used and managed. A different way of working, managing and monitoring this environment is required to ensure that the IT environment is not compromised in any way and that it yields the efficient results that are expected from moving into the cloud. The HP Operations Manager console is necessary to manage both the physical and virtual (cloud) environment. There is however, a missing puzzle piece to complete the single interface view of HP Operations Manager.
HP Operations Smart Plug-Ins, otherwise referred to as ‘SPIs’ are defined by HP as “application software that provides database monitoring, service performance monitoring and application monitoring and feeds that information to a central HP Operations Manager server”. SPIs are the missing puzzle piece that extends the functionality of HP Operations Manager agents. With SPIs, it becomes possible to monitor your databases, applications, and middleware with pinpoint accuracy. This in itself, will make your IT administrator much more efficient and increase productivity.
When using BlackBerry devices is an integral part of your company’s messaging service, it is essential to provide both high availability concepts and professional monitoring. Any interruption in service of your BlackBerry Enterprise Servers could be extremely costly to your business.
The NiCE BlackBerry SPI was designed to increase the productivity of both the HP Operations Manager administrator and operator, providing them the ability to identify problems quickly and take corrective action to avoid costly interruptions in service. Whether you have a large or a small environment to monitor, the NiCE BlackBerry SPI is a fully scalable solution to meet your application monitoring requirements.
NiCE BlackBerry SPI for HP Operations Manager
How does our BlackBerry SPI work?
The BlackBerry SPI gives you one integration point between HP Operations Manager and your BlackBerry servers. It is a seamless integration into Operations Manager.
Our BlackBerry SPI allows you to simplify and easily manage your business critical messaging environment in real time. Our SPI is uncomplicated but comprehensive and requires minimal effort to deploy. When working with our BlackBerry SPI, you can be rest assured of:
- No additional agents
- No additional ports to be opened
- No complex interfaces to configure
- No additional servers
- No proxies or appliances to be installed
Once deployed, this BlackBerry SPI links to BlackBerry servers. This connection is the reason why there is a central collection point for all your messaging related resources. Our product leverages the native capabilities of the HP Operations Manager. The innovative architecture of this product allows administrators to centrally configure exception-based monitoring in distributed BlackBerry environments.
With the NiCE BlackBerry SPI fully integrated into your HP Operations Manager environment, you will be able to:
- Manage the performance of your BlackBerry systems so that no unnecessary service disruptions occur
- Automate all your reporting and customize the view of your entire environment with the click of a button
- Highlight any bottlenecks with pinpoint accuracy. This special capability is due to the fact that our BlackBerry SPI works with built-in log file analysis tools, performance troubleshooting systems, and failover support.
The NiCE BlackBerry SPI will enable you to efficiently manage and monitor your devices in order to reduce any unnecessary downtime.
The NiCE BlackBerry SPI – key features and benefits
A crucial part of managing any environment is the ability to track and trend usage as well as to identify anomalies within one pane of glass. Our BlackBerry SPI for HP Operations Manager gives you one central collection point for all your messaging related resources, such as the BlackBerry servers and devices, email servers, and instant messaging servers.
- Always-on availability
- Provides centralized customization and management of critical messages
- SRP Connection Monitoring
- Performance and state monitoring for all BES components – predefined performance thresholds will ensure that your desired service levels are always met
- Monitors the queue of messages and PIM items in the BES environment
- Continuously monitors the BES logfiles
- Database connection monitoring
- Run reports on performance, availability, workload, operation and bottlenecks
- Identify server problems before they cause service disruption
- Isolate bottlenecks quickly so that they can be corrected timeously
- Instant notifications when messages are not being delivered
- Alerts operations team about potential network issues or unexpected outages
Why the NiCE BlackBerry SPI for HP Operations Manager is better
The NiCE BlackBerry SPI is the most cost effective solution on the market to monitor your HP Operations Manager environment. Years of research and development into the refinement of the BlackBerry SPI ensures that this solution will give you exactly what you need with your monitoring solution – a comprehensive, efficient and effective solution. Our BlackBerry SPI allows you to:
Proactively monitor your BlackBerry infrastructure resources – The NiCE BlackBerry SPI enables you to take pre-emptive action when it comes to monitoring your BlackBerry infrastructure because you will receive alerts that a potential problem is looming before it causes massive disruptions in service.
Automate your reports – The NiCE BlackBerry SPI allows you to customize your reports so that there is no need to manually run reports time and time again.
Increase productivity - The HP Operations Manager administrator and operator will have more time available to focus on bigger issues as opposed to spending hours trying to identify problems that are difficult to find without the NiCE BlackBerry SPI.
Centrally configure exception-based monitoring - The NiCE BlackBerry SPI allows you to centralize the tasks in your BlackBerry environment so that there is no disconnect with your monitoring solution.
System requirements for BlackBerry SPI
The system requirements for our BlackBerry SPI are as follows:
- HP Operations Manager Software on Linux, Windows, Solaris, or HP-UX
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.x
Contact the NiCE Solutions Team today to evaluate the NiCE BlackBerry SPI. Email email@example.com for more information or click here to download the full BlackBerry SPI datasheet. If your company is migrating from HP Operations Manager to Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, then contact us for customized packages to suit your company.
Smart Application Monitoring You Can Rely On