Authoring Custom Management Packs for SCOM
Are you looking for Custom Management Packs for SCOM? Look no further than NiCE – leaders in building Custom Management Packs for a multitude of clients around the world. With years of experience in authoring for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, NiCE is fully-equipped to create cost effective Custom SCOM Management Packs specific to your requirements and specifications. Contact the NiCE Solutions Team with your Custom MP needs today!
NiCE MP News
- Monitoring complex Veritas Cluster Server landscapes all in a breath NiCE is pleased to announc...
- Latest and greatest on SAP, HANA, ASE and Business Object Monitoring This live demo session, he...
- Migrate your third-party SCOM MP application monitoring licenses now to NiCE MPs and get specia...
Custom Management Packs for SCOM
Although there are a multitude of tools to enable you to create new monitoring in System Center Operations Manager 2012, the comprehensiveness of the solution you build will come down to your requirements and your experience with SCOM. Some of these tools include MP Author, System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Authoring Console, and Visual Studio Authoring Extensions. These tools require time and resources to work with. Would you rather not just contact THE Custom Management Pack experts to do the job for you – easy & hassle-free?
Management Pack Authoring can be both cumbersome and time consuming because you are developing a built-for-purpose solution. Without the necessary expertise to do this, management pack development can take time, rather than save time in the long run. NiCE has a comprehensive set of building blocks for Management Pack Fragments to develop Custom Management Packs in the most time and cost efficient manner.
The NiCE building blocks for developing comprehensive Custom Management Packs include standard interfaces for:
- SNMP MIB, incl. complex OID table processing and support for nested tables
- Custom C# Managed Modules for high-performance log analysis
- Experience using Webservices for data collection
- Library MP with numerous customer SCOM datasource Probe- and Action Modules li>
- Experience in developing SCOM Managed Modules
To really extract the most value out of System Center Operations Manager, one has to create Custom Management Packs.
NiCE has many years of experience in the field of Management Pack development i.e. custom solutions for clients as well as standard Management Packs for Oracle Database, DB2, BES 12, and more. NiCE’s expertise is not only confined to Windows, as our development services on all large platforms including UNIX & Linux have been a substantial part of our business for more than 20 years.
The comprehensive Custom Management Packs that NiCE can create specifically for your needs are unparalleled. Contact NiCE today for a free personal consultation.
Sample Project – NiCE Custom Management Pack development
NiCE developed an Axway MailGate Applicance Management Pack for the Healthcare Industry (USA). The company was looking for a way to monitor their email firewall appliances using SCOM 2012 R2.
Below is an elaboration of the development process:
- Requirement/Specification In order to have a deeper understanding of what the client’s expectations were, NiCE conducted a joint workshop with the client to hash out all the requirements of the assignment. A turn-key Custom Management Pack to monitor the client’s Axway MailGate Applicances was determined to be the optimal solution as it would verify thresholds, monitor values, etc.
- Execution/Implementation NiCE had further engagement with the vendor of the appliance – Axway and a solution proposal was jointly presented to the client. Thanks to extensive experience in SNMP monitoring, and the use of pre-existing building blocks, NiCE could quickly implement and deliver a full scale Management Pack based on the specified requirements.
- The Custom Management Pack was ready and deployed in the client’s test environment in 4 days
- After successful acceptance tests and quality assurance with remote help from a US based NiCE engineer, the client was able to move the MP to production without further assistance from NiCE.
- Total effort 6 Engineering days
Why contact NiCE for your Custom Management Pack requirements?
- Receive expert one-on-one consultation to understand your exact needs
- Benefit from the combined knowledge of a team of experts all working together to create the best solution for you
- Receive the most cost effective solution to fulfill your requirements
- Expect quick and professional turnaround li>
- Receive technical assistance and support from the NiCE team even after the project is complete
As a proud Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Partner with Microsoft certified solutions, NiCE will continue to provide essential add-ons to Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (2007, 2012, 2012SP1, 2012 R2). Contact us today to see how we can help you.