Monitoring DB2 Database Server is business critical
IT staff face three significant challenges: managing a more and more complex environment, working efficiently with limited resources, and diagnosing and addressing problems in real-time.
In today's interconnected IT environments, the underlying infrastructure is very complex and involves a wide range of servers, databases, and operating systems. This complex network is a business critical function which needs to be monitored to avoid costly downtime.
For more information on how to effectively monitor this environment, click below.
HP NewsVIEW ALL -
- With the introduction of newer versions of the NiCE DB2, BlackBerry, Oracle and Domino manageme...
- IBM DB2 Monitoring with HPE Operations Manager i NiCE is pleased to announce the availability...
- NiCE DB2 SPI 4.10 released NiCE is pleased to announce the availability of the NiCE DB2 Smart P...
- NiCE is pleased to announce the release of the upgraded NiCE DB2 Smart Management Pack (sMP) – ...
- NiCE is pleased to announce the release of the upgraded NiCE DB2 SPI – Version 4.03. This uniqu...
DB2 SPI to monitor your IBM DB2 environment
Has your organization made the investment into HP Operations Manager?
Are you working with DB2 servers?
Are looking for a solution to monitor your DB2 environment?
If you answered yes to all 3 questions, then we have the perfect solution for you. The NiCE DB2 SPI.
We at NiCE, understand that more and more organizations are moving their IT function into the cloud and adopting virtualization strategies in order to:
- Use IT resources more efficiently
- Reduce costs
- Save time
Migrating into the cloud, however, is not without its challenges because it requires a complete change in the way that IT resources are utilized. The HP Operations Manager console is the necessary system to manage both the physical and virtual (cloud) environment. There is however, a missing puzzle piece to complete the single interface view of HP Operations Manager.
SPIs are the missing puzzle piece that extends the functionality of HP Operations Manager agents. With SPIs, it becomes possible to monitor your databases, applications, and middleware with pinpoint accuracy. This in itself, will make your IT administrator much more efficient and increase productivity.
The NiCE DB2 SPI, like our other SPI products, was designed to increase the productivity of both the HP Operations Manager administrator and operator, providing them the ability to identify problems quickly and take corrective action to avoid costly interruptions in service. Whether you have a large or a small environment to monitor, the NiCE DB2 SPI is a fully scalable solution to meet your application monitoring needs.
NiCE DB2 SPI for HP Operations Manager
How does our DB2 SPI work?
The NiCE DB2 SPI, like all our SPI products, gives you one integration point between HP Operations Manager and your DB2 servers. The integration with HP Operations Manager is seamless.
Our DB2 SPI allows you to streamline the way in which you manage your business critical applications, infrastructures, and third-party service dependencies.
Please note: The monitoring of your DB2 environment is done in real time.
The DB2 SPI solution is simple but comprehensive, and requires minimal effort to deploy. When working with our DB2 SPI, you can be sure that there are:
- No complex interfaces to configure
- No additional servers to install
- No additional ports to be opened
- No proxies or appliances to be installed
With the NiCE DB2 SPI fully integrated into your HP Operations Manager environment, you will be able to:
- To monitor specific details of your DB2 environment
- Centrally configure exception-based monitoring of your DB2 environment
- Automate recurring tasks e.g. reports, to save time and free up resources
The NiCE DB2 SPI will enable you to efficiently manage and monitor your DB2 environment in order to troubleshoot and identify problems with pinpoint accuracy.
The NiCE DB2 SPI – key features and benefits
Using the NiCE DB2 SPI to monitor your DB2 environment presents some key benefits to the user. As the NiCE DB2 SPI leverages the native capabilities of HP Operations Manager, it is very easy to use, which is one of its key features. Please see below for more features and benefits of the product.
- Monitor the DB2 Infrastructure easily
- Additional capability to do remote monitoring
- Auto-discovery and diagram views of the DB2 topology
- Easy-to-read and easy-to-access web-based reports
- Run detailed task monitoring of add-in and DB2 server tasks
- Track server response time and transaction measurement
- Chart predefined performance graphs for core metrics
- Facilitate fast DB2 recoveries
- Extract precise information on tasks to perform
- Isolate bottlenecks quickly so that they can be corrected timeously
- Visualize capacity shortages and trends
- Instant notifications when messages are not being delivered
- Alerts operations team about potential network issues or unexpected outages
Why the NiCE DB2 SPI for HP Operations Manager is better
The NiCE DB2 SPI is the most cost effective solution on the market to monitor your DB2 database servers in an HP Operations Manager environment.
Years of research and development into the refinement of the DB2 SPI ensures that this solution will give you exactly what you need with your monitoring solution – a comprehensive, efficient and effective solution. Our DB2 SPI allows you to:
Increase productivity - The HP Operations Manager administrator and operator will have more time available to focus on bigger issues as opposed to spending hours trying to identify problems that are difficult to find without the NiCE DB2 SPI.
Centrally configure exception-based monitoring - The NiCE DB2 SPI allows you to centralize the tasks in your DB2 environment so that there is no disconnect with your monitoring solution.
Automate your reports – The NiCE DB2 SPI allows you to customize your reports so that there is no need to waste time with redundant functions.
System requirements for DB2 SPI
The system requirements for our DB2 SPI are as follows:
- HP Operations Manager
- IBM DB2 Version 9.x, 10.x, 11.1
- Windows, UNIX, Linux
Smart Application Monitoring You Can Rely On