From HP OM to HP BSM OMi
HP announced that Operations Manager i (OMi) is the new migration path for Operations Manager. See article - The perfect pass -The evolution of Operations Manager to OMi
HP Operations Manager has been, and continues to be a tried and trusted solution in the Enterprise Server Management domain. As an agent-based server monitoring system, HP Operations Manager was designed to help IT professionals to manage their physical and virtual information technology environments. This ultimately made IT pros more productive service providers in their businesses.
- With the introduction of newer versions of the NiCE DB2, BlackBerry, Oracle and Domino manageme...
- IBM DB2 Monitoring with HPE Operations Manager i NiCE is pleased to announce the availability...
- NiCE DB2 SPI 4.10 released NiCE is pleased to announce the availability of the NiCE DB2 Smart P...
- NiCE is pleased to announce the release of the upgraded NiCE DB2 Smart Management Pack (sMP) – ...
NiCE Smart Management Packs (sMPs) – for monitoring applications with HP BSM OMi
The IT environment is an ever changing milieu. Both simple and dynamic monitoring solutions are required for IT administrators to do their job effectively. As an IT administrator, the ability to tailor and customize your views to your server infrastructure is necessary. This goes beyond a simple overview of the IT environment because the infrastructure, applications and services, also need to be monitored for their status and behavior.
In “The evolution of Operations Manager to OMi” article mentioned above, HP states that the new solution provides the following:
- Operations Agent 11 compatible with the new technology – no disruption
- Technology evolution leveraging OMi and Service Health Reporter (SHR) – added value from your data collection
- Self-paced conversion guidance and tools* - plan at your pace, no forced function
- Best practices, partner skills, services*
- License entitlement* All customers with OM servers will be entitled to equivalent licenses for OpsBridge Premium.
NiCE has developed a brand new solution for HP customers migrating from HP Operations Manager to HP OMi – the ALL NEW NiCE Smart Management Pack (sMP).
NiCE solutions (HP OM & HP BSM OMi)
Contact the NiCE Solutions Team today to request a free trial of the HP Operations Manager Smart Plug-Ins and HP BSM OMi smart Management Packs of your choice.
Bridge the gap between HP OMi & your application
NiCE Smart Management Packs (sMP) for HP OMi are the perfect solution to bridge the gap between OMi and premium Application Monitoring. A Smart Management Pack is essentially application monitoring software that provides both application and database monitoring, and channels that information to the HP OMi server.
With a powerhouse Smart Management Pack like the NiCE sMP added to your HP OMi solution, you can detect application errors before they cripple your IT environment. Our unique products for HP BSM OMi ensure that your business critical applications are at peak performance and availability all the time – the way your business demands it.
Some features include:
- Full HP BSM OMi integration by leveraging the native capabilities of HP Operations Manager i
- Comprehensive monitoring of your entire application environment
- In-depth performance views for health indicators
- Concise advice on event management
- Pinpoint accuracy to the source of the problem
NiCE Smart Management Packs are an essential add-on to HP Operations Manager i because they give you a holistic view of your application environment, hosted in the infrastructure already monitored.
Benefits of using NiCE smart Management Packs
The ALL NEW NiCE Smart Management Packs are exceptional because of the breadth and depth of information that they gather and provide. Our sMP products extend the monitoring capability of HP BSM OMi and have the following features and key benefits for you:
- Extend the value of your HP BSM OMi
- Centrally configure your exception-based monitoring responsibilities to save time
- Provide alarms for undesired statuses with regards to availability and performance
- Utilize in-depth information for strategic decision making
- Full-scale monitoring of ALL components of your IT infrastructure to reduce risk of any fault going unnoticed.
- Automate your pre-defined operational processes so that key monitoring happens autonomously. This will free up resources for other important IT deliverables
As a valued HP Business Partner, NiCE will continue to provide essential add-on to HP Operations Manager (SPIs) to existing customer and has committed to developing brand new add-ons to the evolution of HP Operations Manager. Introducing the ALL NEW NiCE Smart Management Packs for HP BSM OMi.