Monitoring IBM DB2 Servers is business critical
IT staff face three significant challenges: managing a more and more complex environment, working efficiently with limited resources, and diagnosing and addressing problems in real-time.
In today's interconnected IT environments, the underlying infrastructure is very complex and involves a wide range of servers, databases, and operating systems. This complex network is a business critical function which needs to be monitored because any downtime in this area would be quite costly to your business in the long run.
NewsVIEW ALL -
- Danish System Center User Group [Official Sponsor] October 30th, 2015 Hellerup, Denmark As a ...
- VeeamON 2015 [MPx Alliance presenting] October 26th – 29th 2015 Las Vegas, USA User-to-Metal M...
- Get ready for an action packed Microsoft Technology User Group meeting in Oslo, Norway on 29 Se...
Press Release: The next in monitoring evolution – Management Pack for Microsoft System Center & BES12NiCE solutions streamline management of System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and BES® enter...
Monitoring IBM DB2 Servers is business critical
We understand that system, application, and database administrators face three significant challenges in their roles which are:
- Managing a more and more complex IT environment;
- Working efficiently with limited resources;
- Diagnosing and addressing problems in real-time.
Not only do you have to work in this challenging environment, but you also have to ensure high performance, system availability and maintain an overall healthy environment. The DB2 environment is like an ecosystem that is constantly changing by means of physical design, SQL transactions, and memory – and this needs to be balanced all the time to ensure high performance.
As an IBM Business Partner, we are always striving to provide you with the most up-to-date, fully functional management pack. As such, our cross-platform management pack gives in-depth system views which allow you to monitor individual components including; DB2 instances (processes), Listeners, Databases, Tablespaces, and Datafiles.
System Center, NiCE DB2 MP, and database administration
Working with System Center Operations Manager, otherwise referred to as SCOM, certainly makes it easier for you as an IT professional to monitor the health and performance of your computer systems, but there is still a missing puzzle piece to complete the single interface view of SCOM, which facilitates the monitoring of databases, middleware and applications.
The NiCE DB2 Management Pack (NiCE DB2 MP) for SCOM is one of the pieces that you need as you work with System Center. We have developed a management pack that extends the view of SCOM to give you the holistic picture of servers and systems hosting applications or databases and thus complete the enterprise scope for the administrator.
Our DB2 MP helps you to increase IBM DB2 server availability and performance and to lower the overall cost of maintaining your DB2 databases. It enables you to perform service-oriented management as well as incident management in your DB2 environment, while supporting your business critical processes.
SCOM DB2 MP
How does the NiCE DB2 MP work?
All NiCE management packs are designed to integrate seamlessly with SCOM and the DB2 MP is no different. The DB2 MP has an easy to deploy architecture that does not require additional servers, proxies, or appliances to be installed.
The NiCE DB2 MP is a sophisticated and intelligent Enterprise Ready management pack that was designed to fully integrate into Microsoft SCOM. Our DB2 MP continuously monitors the DB2 infrastructure, identifying server problems before they affect applications and end users, through the use of predefined event conditions and threshold monitors.
The management pack collects the detailed data that you need from your DB2 instances allowing you to monitor your systems without affecting or impacting their overall performance.
Why the SCOM DB2 MP from NiCE is better
Identify problems fast - The NiCE DB2 MP was designed to increase the productivity of both the Operations Manager administrator and operator, providing the ability to identify problems quickly and take corrective action to avoid costly downtime. Built-in features like SCOM “Diagnostic Tasks” help the DBA and the operator to troubleshoot more efficiently.
Receive performance alerts – Avoid interruptions in service by receiving alerts immediately when something is amiss with the DB2 server performance.
Seamless SCOM integration – The NiCE DB2 MP provides sophisticated integration into SCOM. System administrators therefore, do not need to install or configure additional server, proxies or connectors to pinpoint root cause of problems. It is thus, easier to solve issues easily, quickly and efficiently. No additional software needs to be installed on the Management server or proxy.
Leverage the native capabilities of SCOM – Our innovative architecture allows system administrators to centrally configure exception-based monitoring in distributed DB2 environments. Following Microsoft’s Best Practice design guides, all run-time information is stored in the Operations Manager Database and Datawarehouse. There is neither run-time data on the SCOM server nor DB2 system.
What can you do with our SCOM DB2 MP?
The NiCE DB2 MP allows you to perform a multitude of functions that are critical in your role as system, application or database administrator. Some key functionalities include:
- Manage your entire IBM DB2 environment from a single point of reference.
- Monitor your IBM DB2 servers with individual metrics to monitor specific details all in the System Center framework
- Constantly optimize the configuration and deployment of your DB2 databases through scalable monitoring
- Ensure the availability of your IBM DB2 databases with critical process and event log monitoring that is part of our DB2 MP
- Access in-depth performance views of your IBM DB2 servers for detailed health indicators
- Troubleshoot and delve deep into the core of the system and identify problems with pinpoint accuracy
Some key benefits of the NiCE DB2 MP include:
- Reduce the complexity of the IT environment you are working in because you will have more information at hand through alerts and other health monitors
- Reduce downtime because you will be able to pinpoint the source of problems and resolve issues quicker
- Work more efficiently with the same resources because of our management pack which provides a comprehensive solution
- Reduce the operational cost of your application monitoring while still delivering results and maintaining the health of your DB2 databases
NiCE DB2 MP - Diagram View
Click here to see an enlarged image.
The system requirements for our DB2 MP are as follows:
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007, R2
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 SP1 and 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX
- IBM DB2 Version 8.x, 9.x, 10.1 and 10.5
Smart Application Monitoring You Can Rely On