Monitoring Domino Servers is business critical
When using Domino as the backbone for both internal and external communications, as well as being the basis for lots of customized applications, it is most critical to ensure that all of those applications work like an integrated ecosystem to provide a good user experience.
Therefore, it is of grave importance that the Domino server – being the base for all these various application services that run the main parts of your business critical communication – is in optimal shape regarding availability and performance.
NewsVIEW ALL -
- Visit NiCE at Microsoft Ignite in Atlanta between September 26th – 30th 2016 to WIN some great ...
- SCU Europe 2016 [MPx Alliance – Silver+ sponsor] August 24th – 26th 2016 Berlin, Germany Stop ...
- New NiCE PowerHA (HACMP) released NiCE is pleased to announce an ALL NEW NiCE Management Pack w...
- Missed the Log File MP webinar with MVP Kevin Greene last week? NO PROBLEM! NiCE has you cover...
- Following the successful Log File MP Webinar with MVP Kevin Greene titled “Log File Monitoring...
Monitor your Domino environment
Are you looking for a solution to monitor your Domino environment? Look no further. The NiCE Domino MP for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, otherwise referred to as SCOM, is the solution you need. This MP provides a seamless integration with SCOM and gives you the comprehensive monitoring solution you need. As a system administrator, you will be able to proactively monitor your environment and effectively manage this business critical function.
Let us look at the business imperative of monitoring your Domino environment.
Why monitor your IBM Domino Servers?
When using Domino as the backbone for both your internal and external communication, as well as being the basis for plenty of customized applications, it is critical to ensure that all of those applications work like an integrated ecosystem to provide a good user experience.
As such, it is important that the Domino server – being the base for these various application services that run the main parts of your business critical communication – is in optimal shape regarding:
- Server availability
- High level performance
- Ability to provide accurate health indicators
System Center + NiCE Domino MP = Comprehensive Application monitoring
As an IT professional that works with SCOM, you are better equipped to monitor the availability and performance of your computer systems. However, there is still a missing puzzle piece to complete the single interface view of SCOM, which facilitates the monitoring of databases, middleware and applications.
The NiCE Domino Management Pack (NiCE Domino MP) is an essential component in providing this single interface view of SCOM.
We have developed a management pack that extends the view of SCOM to give you the holistic picture of servers and systems hosting applications or databases, which thus, completes the enterprise scope for the administrator.
As an IBM Business Partner, we have worked with IBM to develop a product that is perfectly complementary to the Domino server. We understand what your key requirements for monitoring are, and our product has been developed to provide exactly what you need.
SCOM + Domino monitoring = NiCE Domino MP
How does the NiCE Domino MP work?
All NiCE management packs are designed to integrate seamlessly with SCOM and the Domino MP is no different. The Domino MP has an easy to deploy architecture that does not require additional servers, proxies, or appliances to be installed. Our Domino MP continuously monitors the IBM Domino infrastructure, identifying server problems before they affect applications and end users, through the use of predefined event conditions and threshold monitors. We designed our product to increase the productivity of both the Microsoft SCOM administrator and operator, providing the ability to quickly identify problems. See below what you can do with the NiCE Domino MP.
NiCE Domino MP - Diagram View
Click here to see an enlarged image.
Why the SCOM Domino MP from NiCE is better
Identify problems fast - The NiCE Domino MP was designed to increase the productivity of both the Operations Manager administrator and operator, providing the ability to identify problems quickly and take corrective action to avoid costly downtime. Built-in features like SCOM “Diagnostic Tasks” help the DBA and the operator to troubleshoot more efficiently.
Seamless SCOM integration – The NiCE Domino MP provides sophisticated integration into Microsoft System Center Operations Manager. System administrators therefore, do not need to install or configure additional server, proxies or connectors to pinpoint root cause of problems. It is thus, easier to solve issues easily, quickly and efficiently. No additional software needs to be installed on the Management server or proxy.
Leverage the native capabilities of SCOM – Our innovative architecture allows system administrators to centrally configure exception-based monitoring in distributed Domino environments. Following Microsoft’s Best Practice design guides, all run-time information is stored in the Operations Manager Database and Datawarehouse. There is neither run-time data on the SCOM server nor Domino system.
Receive performance alerts – If the basis of your company’s communication infrastructure is suffering, this will affect all layers of your business and how you work. Symptoms from your Domino server may be delayed or information could be missing, which will in turn slow down or even interrupt your processes. Avoid this delay by receiving alerts immediately with our Domino MP.
What can you do with our SCOM Domino MP?
The NiCE Domino MP allows you to perform a multitude of functions that are critical in your role as system, application or database administrator. Some key functionalities include:
- Manage and monitor your entire IBM Domino environment from a single point of reference
- Perform routine IBM Domino monitoring quickly and easily
- Centrally configure exception-based monitoring
- Receive alerts if your server is responsive but not functional
- Track server responsive time and transaction measurement
- Perform detailed task-monitoring of add-in and IBM Domino Server tasks
- Generate predefined performance graphs for core metrics
The only thing the NiCE Domino MP can’t do is make you coffee!
Overall benefits of the NiCE Domino MP
Some key benefits of the NiCE Domino MP include:
- Identify server problems before they affect applications and end users
- Reduce complexity with easy-to-read and easy-to-access web-based reports
- Reduce stress because the Domino MP leverages the native capabilities of Microsoft Systems Operations Manager
- Work smarter because you can centrally configure management exception-based monitoring responsibilities
The system requirements for our Domino MP are as follows:
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007, R2
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2
- IBM Domino on Windows Version 7.x, 8.0.x, 8.5.x and 9.0.x
Smart Application Monitoring You Can Rely On