Veritas Cluster Server Alerting
Incidents impacting high-available infrastructure components must be processed with high urgency. For this reason, the NiCE Veritas Cluster MP includes a number of monitors and alert rules to provide immediate, comprehensive information on impacted components within your Veritas Cluster environment. The NiCE Veritas Cluster MP includes monitoring of core components
- Service Group
- Cluster Resources
- Mount Points
- Cluster File System
NiCE MP News
- Monitoring complex Veritas Cluster Server landscapes all in a breath NiCE is pleased to announc...
- Latest and greatest on SAP, HANA, ASE and Business Object Monitoring This live demo session, he...
- Migrate your third-party SCOM MP application monitoring licenses now to NiCE MPs and get specia...
Innovative MP architecture
The Veritas Cluster MP is founded on the NiCE Cluster Library MP, NiCE Common Source Library and System Center Library. The re-use of existing components ensures that robustness, supportability and reliability is greatly improved. It also provides protection of your IT investment because the NiCE Cluster Library MP is designed to span numerous cluster solutions. Moving between cluster solutions will not require deletion of any management packs and render performance data unusable.
Failover Cluster Detection
In the case of a service group experiencing a service incident, e.g. a node failure, the cluster manager acts upon the failover policies and initiates a failover of service groups to another available node (as an example of what is possible). Failover detection rules will evaluate relevant entries in the cluster log as well as use cluster utilities to inform one about the events that occurred during failover.
Service Group Monitoring
VCS Service Groups contain critical resources of a cluster, typically interfaces, mount points or file systems. If a service group fails or becomes unavailable, resources are impacted. In order to be on top of all the service group impacting events, the NiCE Veritas Cluster MP includes several monitors dedicated to file system and service group monitoring. Furthermore, the MP complements the monitoring provided by the Microsoft Linux management packs.
Comprehensive Cluster Server Discovery
The Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) consists of numerous objects like nodes, service groups, mount point and file systems. Each object has its own properties like failover policies, service labels, log paths and identifiers. In a large environment, oversight of important components is easily lost. The ‘out-of-the-box discover’ allows discovery of all VCS objects including an extensive list of properties for each object. This also includes support for Veritas Storage Foundation HA and also products previously sold by Symantec. Utilizing the OpsMgr class model, a full VCS inventory model is mapped out. With integrations to SC Service Manager this valuable information is also available with Microsoft System Center Service Manager.
We understand that in an environment of ever increasing business demands, critical applications need to be available 24/7, with a fault tolerant system. However, fault tolerant systems are not cost effective. As such, there is a business need for a cost effective application which provides this functionality. A high availability solution can ensure that:
- Failure of any component of the solution does not cause application and data unavailability
- A more efficiently running system
- Comprehensive discovery
- Detailed Service Group Monitoring
- Full monitoring of mount points and file systems, adding Microsoft´s error prone cluster file system monitoring.
- Native SCOM integration means: no additional services to be installed, no ports to be opened, re-use of existing Linux agent
- Using standard SCOM views and MP architecture
- Build on reliable NiCE components
- Full overview of Veritas Cluster Server landscape
- Quickly identify issues impacting service availability
- High ROI, great ease of use
- Low learning curve, ease of use
- Peace of mind, high value, competitive price
- Align IT operations and services with business needs
- Visualize capacity shortages and trends
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2 and 2016
- Microsoft Cross-Platform Agents
- Linux (Red Hat, SuSE)
- Veritas Cluster Server