EView/390z Management for Microsoft System Center
This solution was designed to extend the Cross-Platform Capabilities of Microsoft System Center to include the IBM Mainframe (z/OS) environment. It is now possible to integrate IBM Mainframe as managed node within System Center to help you configure, provision, monitor, and operate your heterogeneous IT infrastructure.
EView/390z Management v7.0 for Microsoft System Center is the most advanced and comprehensive Management Pack for managing the IBM Mainframe-z/OS environment. EView/390z works seamlessly with System Center to integrate event & system performance, as well as monitoring the status and health of the z/OS system and its standard applications.
NewsVIEW ALL -
- Cutting edge BlackBerry Enterprise Monitoring with Microsoft SCOM NiCE is pleased to announce t...
- Meet innovators and explore tomorrow’s tech at Microsoft Ignite Access deep technical tra...
- Don´t miss out on THE SCOM event within Europe What is Experts Live Europe? Experts Live Europe...
- Webinar hosted by SquaredUp and NiCE on Cross-Platform Monitoring Matthew Long and Richard Benw...
- Cutting edge DB2 Monitoring with Microsoft SCOM NiCE is pleased to announce the availability of...
Monitor your IBM Mainframe (z/OS) environment
As a system, application, and database administrator that works in an IBM Mainframe environment, we understand that you face three significant challenges in your role which include:
- Managing a more and more complex z/OS environment;
- Diagnosing and addressing problems in real-time in your IBM Mainframe ecosystem;
- Working efficiently with limited resources.
Not only do you have to work in this challenging environment, but you also have to ensure high performance and system availability of your IBM Mainframe systems, as well as maintain an overall healthy IT environment.
Monitoring your IBM Mainframe environment is a multi-faceted exercise and reaching optimal performance is not an easy goal. You need to know how factors such as memory, physical design and maintenance can affect performance. To tune and maintain a subsystem or instance, you should continuously monitor the entire z/OS environment.
NiCE IT has joined forces with EView to bring you a premium product to monitor your IBM Mainframe (z/OS) environment efficiently and effectively. See below for more on the EView/390z Management for Microsoft System Center.
SCOM MP for IBM Mainframe (z/OS) environment
So how does the EView/390z MP work?
The EView/390z is engineered to keep the CPU usage on the system to a minimum – thereby saving expensive Mainframe resource costs.
EView/390z lightweight agents capture all available Mainframe information on the z/OS operator console, seamlessly transfer to the client agent to be managed and monitored via a common System Center. This information can also be easily customized to a client’s unique System Center console. The net result is the Mainframe environment is managed, monitored and reported just like other server environments, giving IT Operations a consistent and common tool for the entire enterprise.
- Hardware - EView/390z requires the appropriate Ethernet hardware on the Mainframe (zSeries) to allow for TCP/IP communication with the proxy server.
- Additional Disk Space Requirements per machine – System Center Server: 1MB, Proxy Server: 15MB, Mainframe Managed Node: 20MB li>
- Software - Microsoft System Center 2007 R2, 2012, or 2012 SP1.
- Windows 2008 Server R2 SP1, or 2013
- z/OS release V1R3 or higher
What can you do with the EView/390z?
The EView/390z allows you to perform a multitude of functions that are critical in your role as system, application or database administrator. Some key functionalities include:
- Sophisticated z/OS event status management - of any messages which go through the z/OS console to establish proactive enterprise systems management.
- Collection sources span any message – going through the z/OS operator console, including: VTAM, CICS, and IMS.
- 2-way communication – with the z/OS systems and Microsoft System Center maximizes problem resolution and acknowledgement of messages coming from the mainframe console or other message sources like VTAM and system applications.
- Direct message interface enables sending messages from applications programs to the System Center server through the EView/390z agent without having to send the message to the operating system console.
- Expanded message automation and security features.
The EView/390z highlights
The EView/390z extends the SCOM view and scope. This solution ensures fast problem isolation and identification, which ensures a good user experience and promotes productivity and reduced downtime. Below are some key features and benefits of using the EView/390z
- Collection sources span any message going through the z/OS operator console.
- Monitor the status and health of the z/OS system and its standard applications.
- IT Operations can display the right information to the right people, at the right time.
- The combination of Microsoft and EView Technology enables TRUE end-to-end IT Enterprise Operations Management.
- Proven technology – successfully deployed in hundreds of enterprise accounts in over 30 countries worldwide.
For more information